Barcodes and Edison – activity book
Learn about robotics with Edison, no coding required!
This activity book is a great place to get started with Edison. Edison’s robotics capabilities can be unlocked with ease through simple barcode programs included in this activity book. Work through the book having your Edison robot read the included special barcodes that activate pre-programmed features, such as line following, obstacle avoidance, sumo wrestling and much more!
Explore robotics fundamentals, discover how the Edison robot’s sensors work, and learn interesting ‘EdFacts’ about electronics with this activity book containing 15 different barcodes for Edison to scan. Work through seven fun robot activities:
- Clap controlled driving
- Avoid obstacles
- Follow a torch/flashlight
- Line tracking
- Bounce in borders
- Sumo wrestle
- Remote control driving (with a standard TV or DVD remote control)
The activity book also includes instructions for calibrating the sensitivity of the Edison robot’s obstacle detection.
- Learn how to program Edison with barcodes
- Get barcode troubleshooting help
- Download the complete barcode list (includes all the barcodes from EdBook1, the programmable TV/DVD barcodes and the calibration barcodes)
- Read the original EdBook1 – You’re a controller online
- See example code for all of the barcode programs in the Edison programming languages (EdBlocks, EdScratch and EdPy)