UPDATE June 2017: Wondering if your Edison needs a firmware update? Please head to our firmware update checker and enter your serial number.
A few keen Edison and EdWare users have found a few bugs, so we’ve released the first robot firmware update (V1.01) to fix them.
Updating the robot firmware
The firmware updates are installed in the same way that programs are downloaded to Edison via the EdComm cable. However, there are still two options when updating Edison’s firmware:
1. Using EdWare and a firmware binary file (.BIN) – Only available for Win, Linux and Mac
2. Using a music player and a firmware audio file (.WAV) – An option for tablet users
What’s new in version 1.01
- Fixed bug in receive data icon
- Increased barcode reading accuracy
- Other minor code tidy ups
The firmware files and instructions can be found here: https://meetedison.com/robot-programming-software/
There are also new versions (0.9.8.1) of EdWare for PC, Mac and Linux now available.
If you think that you have found a bug in either EdWare or in Edison’s operation please let me know. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the operating system that you are using and a detailed explanation of what is happening.