June 20, 2019
I have been unable to program my Edison Robot from EdScratch and EdBlocks.
Here are the steps I am taking:
1. Open the EdScratch (or EdBlocks) application in my Chrome browser on Windows OS
2. Load any Demo application
3. Attach the cable from my headphone jack to the Edison robot
4. Turn the Robot on
5. Click the round button on the Edison robot once
6. Click the "Program Edison" button on the EdScratch application.
I hear the "modem" sound for a few seconds and then it gives the double-beep failure sound.
I verify that the program did not load by pushing the "play" button on Edison and indeed it does not run the program.
I attempted to disable "Sound Enhancements" on my windows 10 machine, but discovered I do not have sound enhancements.
I have four tabs in "Speakers/Headphones Properties"
They are: General, Levels, Advanced, and Spatial Sound
I have tried adjust the settings on those four tabs with no success.
March 16, 2018
There are several things which can be affecting the programming of the Edison. First of all, it is extremely important that you have your sound set to 100%. Secondly, please make sure applications which can cause a sound like facebook notifications or emails are not running just in case they send sound when programming. That will cause a failure.
May I ask what brand/make of device you are using?