GLOBAL SITE AUSTRALIAN SITE

Remote Control Edison | Barcode reading | Forum

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic3
Remote Control Edison
October 18, 2017
3:30 pm
Matthew
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
October 18, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Can I get confirmation that it is possible, using the barcodes, to program the robot to move in multiple directions.

At the moment, we can program the robot to move one direction and enter that into the remote. When we go for the second direction and enter into the remote, it does not recall the first direction entered into the robot.

What I would like to see is the robot able to be controlled using the TV remote like a remote controlled car. Can you tell me if this end state is achievable using the bar codes alone?

October 19, 2017
9:24 am
Ben
Admin
Forum Posts: 179
Member Since:
August 24, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Matthew

Yes, this is possible.

To get it to work Edison needs to see “Sony standard” remote control codes, around 90% of all tv remotes use “Sony standard” codes and will work correctly. Unfortunately, that still leaves around 10% of remotes that are incompatible with Edison, it sounds like your remote is in this category.

If you have other remotes in your house you could try them, or you could buy a cheap universal remote and set it to Sony mode. Either way, now that your Edison has saved codes from an incompatible remote you will have to scan all of the remote code barcodes and save in codes from the new remote.

  • Keep up with Edison

    Sign up for our newsletter to get all things Edison delivered straight to your inbox.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Heads up

The Australian Federal Parliament has passed a law that extends goods and services tax (GST) to low value imports of physical goods imported by consumers from 1 July 2018.

This means that all customers purchasing Edison robots and accessories with an Australian shipping address must now pay GST. The GST will be automatically added to your purchase and show as a line item on your invoice.

We've detected that you are in Australia, so we wanted to let you know that we have changed your settings to view our Australian site, which displays GST inclusive pricing.

You can change back to the GLOBAL SITE at any time using the link in the top left of the page.

OK got it!    Take me to the GLOBAL SITE instead

Country

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This