Perform in the spotlight
Let’s get the Edison robot to play music or dance when it detects light, just like a performer in the spotlight!
Get the materials for this lesson
You will also need to use the EdBlocks programming app.
About this lesson
Year 2 – Year 6
Introduce Edison robots to your students, helping them begin to explore what a robot is and how it can sense, and react, to the world. Students program the Edison robot using the block-based programming language EdBlocks, practicing computer science fundamentals including sequence, loops and conditionals.
This 1-hour lesson is designed to allow students to work independently as they discover:
- What is a robot?
- How does the Edison robot work?
- How do you make a program for Edison using the EdBlocks coding language?
- How do you download a program from EdBlocks to Edison?
- What do Edison’s light sensors do?
- What is an infinite loop?
- How can you use the sensors to make the robot react?